RIVER CRUISES / DISCOVER AFRICA
The intimate 28-passenger ZAMBEZI QUEEN made her debut in 2009 in one of the world’s most captivating places, Africa’s legendary Chobe River. Unlike a typical river cruise that travels from one port to the next, the Zambezi Queen was designed for an entirely different purpose—to facilitate optimal game viewing along the Chobe. As this floating hotel drifts along the river, animals perceive no threat and come to the water to drink and bathe, affording you with an amazingly up-close view and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Additionally, to ensure no harm to the environment, the eco-friendly Zambezi Queen uses a water jet propulsion system, fuel-efficient and low-emission generators, and a solar heating system. The Zambezi Queen provides guests with all the modern-day conveniences to ensure a perfect journey. The top deck features an enclosed air-conditioned dining room, lounge and bar, as well as an open-air Sun Deck complete with a plunge pool. The 14 suites, including four master suites, feature air-conditioning and a private balcony where you can enjoy unobstructed views of the river and African landscape. Wake up to the sight of an elephant drinking from the river, or watch a fish eagle take flight—all from the comfort of your own luxurious bed. Bountiful breakfasts and lunches prepare you for your invigorating daily adventures, and during the evening, enjoy multi-course dinners. Throughout the day, be treated to complimentary South African wines, beer, local spirits, soft drinks and bottled water. On one of the nights, enjoy an African-themed dinner with traditional dishes and entertainment.
- Spacious accommodations, measuring from 215-300 sq.ft .
- Private step-out balcony
- Sitting area perfect for admiring wildlife gathering along the shoreline
- Comfortable contemporary decor
- Elegantly-appointed public areas
- Enclosed air-conditioned dining room, lounge and bar
- Open-air pool deck for 360-degree game watching
- Eco-friendly with water jet propulsion system, solar heating system and onboard water purification plant
- All meals included during the cruise with complimentary wine and beer
- Enjoy delicious cuisine while observing the surrounding wildlife
- Bar includes local & imported spirits, wine and beers
Crew : 22
Staterooms : 14
Passengers : 28