HOTEL BARGES / ALEGRIA
Terms & Conditions
Reservations, Deposits and Payments:
A reservation will be confirmed once a deposit of 30% of the cost of the cruise has been received by H2olidays . This deposit has to be paid within seven days after the client has received the details of the cruise (cost, date, availability)
The payment of the balance of 70% must be received no later than 90 (ninety) days prior to departure. If final payment is not received by this date the company may, at its option, cancel the booking and keep the deposit as compensation, unless another agreement is made with the client.
The cruise cost includes:
- 7 days and 6 nights onboard Alegria, in double cabins with private shower.
- Transfers from/to the nearest town, Montpellier and Narbonne being the farest accepted destinations from, respectively, Poilhes and Trèbes.
- All meals beginning with dinner on Saturday through breakfast on Friday, including meals in restaurants.
- All drinks, with or without alcohol, served during the stay, as well as the drinks taken from the cabin fridges and the drinks served in restaurants.
- All escorted side-excursions.
- The use of the internet connection onboard Alegria
- The use of bicycles.
The cruise cost does not include:
- The cost of transportation to reach/ or to leave the meeting point as described above.
- The insurances for trip cancellation/ trip interruption (highly recommended) or any other personal insurance.
- Purchases and items of a personal nature.
- Any possible gratuity shared by the crew. Recommended rate is 5% of the cost of the cruise.
Cancellation by Passengers:
Cancellation by passengers must be made in writing. The following terms apply to passenger cancellations:
- More than 90 days prior to departure, the deposit is not refundable
- 0 to 90 days prior to departure, full payment is forfeited unless another agreement is made with the client.
Cancellation by Alegria:
In the event of cancellation of the cruise by the company an alternative date for the cruise will be proposed. Otherwise the company will refund the sums already paid. In the case of force majeure, Alegria reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the itinerary, cruise dates (see previous paragraph), pick up/drop off points. The barge will inform the clients as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes. Such events would generally include: technical closing of navigation along the Canal du Midi, lock blockings, canal works, low water levels, flooding, mechanical or technical problems with the barge, industrial dispute, natural disasters etc.
For the safety and comfort of all passengers, smoking is authorized only outside the barge and on the decks.
Responsibility: The passengers are responsible for any breakages or damage caused by themselves during the cruise (including the loss of a bicycle) and it is then the responsibility of the client to replace or reimburse the object lost or broken. The company shall not be liable for any injury, damage, inconvenience or expense due to the act of default, or action by any subcontractor associated with the cruise. By booking the cruise, the passenger represents that he/she is in good general health and can participate to the cruise.
The company is insured for any category of prejudice that a passenger could suffer during the cruise.
Although this English translation is fair, only the French text will be accepted in case of dispute. Any dispute would be settled by Courts depending on the Tribunal de Grande Instance