HOTEL BARGES / FINESSE
Burgundy canal & Nivernais ?
Finesse is being created by Roger & Louisa Gronow
, the successful & experienced owners of Enchanté
, and she will cruise in Southern Burgundy from St-Jean-de-Losne
. This is a lovely area which will be a new cruise route for us.She
accommodates 8 passengers and is a 38 metre
ultra-deluxe hotel barge offering similar standards to Renaissance. We are seeing increased demand for deluxe barges and Finesse will certainly be top-of-the-range.She
will also boast a large saloon with panoramic windows and a demonstration galley where guests can watch their chef preparing delicious gourmet meals.
The Hotel Barge - Main features will include :
• Classic design, huge saloon windows, light and airy public areas
• 4 Twin/ Double Suites, each approximately 260 sq . ft.
• Crew of 5
Demonstration Galley and all the usual facilities - sun deck, spa pool, touring bikes & Wi-Fi .
- Tour of historic Dijon and its wonderful markets
- Visit to the 14th century Château de Gremolles
- Tour and tasting at Bouchard Père et Fils winery and lunch in its château orangery restaurant
- Visit to Beaune, including Hôtel Dieu Hospice
- Tour of ancient Autun and its 12th century cathedral
- Visit to the fascinating L’Institiut Charolais
- Excellent opportunities for walking and cycling
Tournedos of Charolais beef served with glazed carrots & asparagus, shallot tarte tatin & red wine sauce; Duo of pan-roasted and confit quail on wild mushroom and sautéed watercress with a cassis syrup; Montgolfier of Escargots with a garlic crème; Oeufs en Meurette served on toasted pain d'épices
Meursault; Pouilly-Fuissé; Nuits-St-Georges; Santenay; Chenas; Chablis; Gevrey-Chambertin; Sancerre
Chaource; Brillat-Savarin; Reblochon; Abondance