DESTINATIONS / BELGIUM
Known for its tantalising chocolates and gourmet cuisine, the Flanders region of coastal Belgium is rich in culture and natural beauty — windmills, meadows, marshes, sandy beaches and bustling cities replete with Gothic architectural grandeur. Evidence of its history is everywhere on canal boat holidays in Flanders whilst you encounter one looming castle after another! Thers are some nice cruises:
Gastronomy and Beer
Chocolates and Lace cruise
Nieuwpoort - Nieuwpoort
History and architecture
Beautiful Bruges cruise
Eeklo - Eeklo
- Take a dip in the North sea from the beautiful beaches of Oostende and Nieuwpoort and sip a belgium beer at one of the waterside cafes.
- Stroll through the beautiful city of Bruges, known as the Venice of the North, and visit one of its many cultural sites (cathedral, Burg, town hall, belfry...) before lunch at one of its many michelin-starred restaurants. Or head straight to the chocolate museum and many unusual shops.
- View some modern art at the SMAK museum in Gand .
- Visit the WWI museum and sites of Ypres.
- Follow TinTin's footsteps as he is one of Belgium's most famous inhabitants.
- Buy some pretty lace or hand-made chocolates in Gent.
- Taste some of the 680 beers produced in Belgium at one of the many breweries then order some fresh seafood from the North Sea.
Navigating in Belgium is easy and suitable for beginners.
Locks have lock-keepers. Moorings are plentiful and usually cost approximately 10 euros per night.
Closest airports are in Brussel , Oostende and Lille . Closest train stations are in Oostende and Veurne . We can help with train times and arrange taxi transfers for you to get to your boat.