Here are some cruising suggestions :
- Louhans , La Truchère , Louhans
76 km, 6 locks, 12 hours
- Montreux Château , Montbéliard , Montreux Château
40 km, 22 locks, 10 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône - Savoyeux - Pontailler sur Saône
124 km - 8 locks - 15 hours
- Louhans, Mâcon, Tournus, Châlon sur Saône , Louhans
196 km, 10 locks, 21 hours
- Montreux Château , Montbéliard , L'Isle sur le Doubs , Clerval , Montreux Château
116 km, 58 locks, 21 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône - Dijon - Pontailler sur Saône
130 km - 48 locks - 24 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône - Scey sur Saône - Pontailler sur Saône
206 km - 24 locks - 30 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône - La Truchère - one way
146 km - 6 locks - 24 hours
- Louhans , Châlon‐sur‐Saône , Santenay , Saint Léger sur Dheune , Louhans
22 km, 42 locks, 35 hours
- Louhans , Pontailler sur Saône - one way
172 km, 9 locks, 18 hours
- Louhans , Chagny , Pontailler sur Saône - one way
213 km, 33 locks, 31 hours
- Montreux Château, Montbéliard, L'ISle sur le Doubs , Baumes les Dames, Deluz , Besançon , Montreux Château
222 km, 94 locks, 39 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône - Louhans - Pontailler sur Saône
366 km - 28 locks - 50 hours
- Louhans , Digoin , Louhans
384 km, 132 locks, 69 hours
- Montreux Château, Montbéliard, L'ISle sur le Doubs, Baumes les Dames, Deluz , Besançon , Thoraise , Dole, Montreux Château
330 km, 128 locks, 61 hours
- Pontailler sur Saône
Located at the confluence of the Saone
, the Marne-Saône
Canal, the rivers Albane
, and based at the foot of the Mount Ardoux
offers spectacular views and is perfect for fishermen.
is an ideal place to take a small canoeing trip. This city, which is found between the Burgundy and the Franche
, is also one of the best places to enjoying bathing in the river.
The water is of good quality and during the summertime the beach is patrolled by lifeguards. A true delight for lovers of nature, or those who enjoy peace and quiet.
To see: fishing house, arts house, the farm in the forest (tastings), the fortified village of Pesmes , the forest of Châlonnais (2nd hunting area in France, Gallic vestiges, resurgences), the Mount Ardoux , local markets with local product.
To taste: pôchouse (fresh water fish bouillabaisse), spotted ham, Dijon mustard.
To know: In Maxilly on the Saone , a professional fisherman gives lessons on fly fishing, fishing with catfish, etc… He is one of the last professional fishermen to supply a restaurant with his catches.
Most Important: village and caves of Bèzes , with remains of Bèze and galleries of craftsmen.
The Seille River, a tributary of the River Saône , is a superb river which runs through the Bresse Bourguignonne area, famous for its chickens " poulets de Bresse ". There you can discover the quiet charms of its wetlands and its half-timbered houses. From Louhans , you can cruise through a wildlife reserve created in 1980 and its mosaic of different natural environments like marshy ponds, peat bogs and dunes covered with lichens and moss. Louhans is a vibrant and picturesque city, its main street lined with 157 arcades and frontages from the 16th century. Every Monday it hosts the famous farmers market. You can also reach the River Saône , and then the Santenay or Mâcon vineyards.
, village of the book, The center EDE
, The vineyards of Mâconnais
To Taste: Chickens of Bresse , frogs.
To know: The Seille : A network of ponds, dunes and peat bogs britant a large number of migratory birds, among which of the threatened species and rare botanical species.
Most important : The architecture of bressanes farms.