Alsace - Lorraine
Boating holidays on the Alsace waterways take you through lush green landscapes, historical and engineering sites and fascinating towns. You'll enjoy these waterways, that don't attract too many tourists although they have so much to offer. These are some nice cruises...
History, engineering and Architecture
- The European cruise
Waltenheim sur Zorn - Strasbourg - Waltenheim sur Zorn
- The Alsace cruise
Saverne - Sarreguemines - Saverne
- The Boat Lift cruise - one way
Hesse - Boofzheim
Wine and Gastronomy
- The Arzviller
Boofzheim - Strasbourg - Boofzheim
- Vineyards cruise
Boofzheim - Colmar - Boofzheim
- The Valley of Zorn cruise
Lutzelburg - Lutzelburg
- The Dual Nations cruise - one-way
Hesse - Saarbrücken
- Arzviller boat lift, a master piece of engineering which lifts (or lowers) your boat 45 m in just 20 minutes!
- Strasbourg 's magnificent cathedral and pretty cobbled streets. Visit this UNESCO World Heritage city for its superb architecture, excellent restaurants and friendly cosmopolitan charm.
- Säarbrucken 's baroque castle and open-air market, perfect for a some local food and wine in the sunshine
- Wander around Kaisersberg 's old pedestrian streets
- Boofzheim 's ranch
- Vosges mountains and the Black Forest offer a great backdrop for world-renowned walking and cycling paths.
- Metz - France’s oldest church, 4th century Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnais Basilica and the magnificent stained glass windows in St. Stephen’s cathedral
- Saarland 's (Germany) natural landscapes, perfect for nature-lovers.
- UNESCO World heritage ' Volkinger Hutte ' on the river Saar. This former industrial plant now hosts art exhibitions, concerts and much more.
- Locks are mostly automatic (manual locks on the canal des Houillères à la Sarre) with lock keepers.
- TGV train station, motorways and regional airport at Strasbourg. We can help with train times and arrange taxi transfers for you to get to your boat.