Stately châteaux , colourful gardens, flourishing vineyards, medieval villages and larger Roman towns all make boating the Loire Valley in France a magical experience you’ll cherish. Stop to fish, take the bikes for a spin, and enjoy Sancerre wine at a café . These are some nice cruises...
History and Architecture
- The Sacre Coeur cruise
Decize - Paray le Monial - Decize
- The Eiffel Aqueduct cruise - one way
Rogny - Plagny ( Nevers )
- The Oldest Canal in the World cruise
Briare - Briare
Wine and Gastronomy
- The Sancerre
wine-tasting & ceramics cruise
Decize - Sancerre - Decize
- The Sparkling cruise - one way
Chatillon sur Loire - Decize
- Cycling Paths and Swimming Pools cruise - one way
Dompierre - Briare
- Taste some delicious white wine at Maison des Sancerre in this pretty hilltop village surrounded by vineyards.
- Cross the breath-taking Eiffel aqueduct in Briare .
- Watch a book being made from the UNESCO-listed book city le Charité sur Loire
- Drive a Formula One at the Magny Cours museum and race track.
- Buy ceramics from the potters in Nevers who made the oldest china in Europe before visiting its ducal palace.
- Go down to Decize 's merovingian crypt.
- Have lunch in the pretty medieval town of Montargis known as the Venice of Gatinais .
- Climb around the castle ruins of Chatillon sur Loire.
- Ideal for beginners. Locks have lock-keepers. Numerous moorings.
- Closest airports are in Paris. Closest train stations are Briare and Nevers . We can help with train times and arrange taxi transfers for you to get to your boat.