Discover splendid scenery, pretty medieval villages and a truly multicultural atmosphere as you cruise the waterways of Alsace in north eastern France, Luxembourg and Germany.
These are some nice cruises...
- France’s oldest church , 4th century Saint-Pierre-aux-Nonnais Basilica and the magnificent stained glass windows in St. Stephen’s cathedral at Metz
- Saarland's natural landscapes in Germany – perfect for nature-lovers
- Strasbourg – visit this UNESCO World Heritage city for its superb architecture, excellent restaurants and friendly cosmopolitan charm
- Baroque Castle and Johanner's open air market-square of Saarbrücken , perfect for a some local food and wine in the sunshine
- The Arzviller boat lift – a master piece of engineering which lifts (or lowers) your boat 45 m in just 20 minutes!
- The luscious green Vosges mountains and the Black Forest frame your route
- Watersports , hiking and cycling – something for everyone!
- UNESCO World heritage ' Volkinger Hutte ' on the river Saar; this former industrial plant now hosts art exhibitions, concerts and much more
- Locks are mostly automatic (manual locks on the canal des Houillères à la Sarre) with lock keepers
- TGV Train station, motorways and regional airport at Strasbourg