RIVER CRUISES/HOTEL BARGES
Broad saltwater lagoons, golden beaches, expanses of tawny reeds teeming with pink flamingoes — Camargue , basks in sunshine most of the time. Romans plied these waters, and Crusaders followed. You can imagine the past as you approach fortress seaport cities like Aigues-Mortes , but beach resorts with great nightlife bring you frolicking back to the modern age!
- Seaside cruise - one way
Beaucaire - Port Cassafieres
- Flamingo cruise - one way
Saint Gilles - Port Cassafières
, bulls and wild horses - one way
Lattes - Argens
- Marshland cruise
Bellegarde - Bellegarde
- Sandy beaches and seafood short cruise
Carnon - Agde
- Mediterranean oysters cruise - one way
Carnon - Colombiers
- Have fun at the Aqualand waterpark near Agde
- Cross the Etang de Thau , a haven for birds and wildlife , famous for its flocks of pink flamingos and the curious-looking Bouzigues oyster beds.
- Climb the Aigues Mortes ' fortifications
- Gacholle's lighthouse
- Ornithologic park in Gau where you may see pink flamingoes and wild white horses
- Saint Louis' tower with its stunning panorama
- Visiting the bull and horse ranches and real cowboys
- Seaside resorts with beautiful sandy beaches at Palavas les Flots , Carnon and La Grande Motte
- Seafood restaurants and the lovely market of Sète
- Camargue region has no locks except for one near Beaucaire , so it is perfect for anyone new to cruising or looking for an easy cruising experience. The It is best to moor in the harbours at night. Moorings at marinas costs from a few euros up to 30 euros in peak season but offers electricity and water refill. We recommend you to call the Marina a few hours before your arrival to book a place. You could also moor where you want to along the canal thanks to the ropes and spikes on-board your boat.
- Closest airports are in Marseille , Nîmes , Béziers and Montpellier. Closest train stations are Tracson sur Rhone, Nîme , Arles and Béziers . We can help with train times and arrange taxi transfers for you to get to your boat.