A river of incredibly clear water lined with pines, vineyards and meadows, the Charente is amongst the prettiest waterways for canal boat holidays in France! Long known for its cognac, gracious châteaux and friendly people, the valley opens its arms to you, inviting you to savour a leisurely journey on a river that looks as beautiful as it did many centuries area belongs to one of the most touristy canals in France. Its perfect location allow you to cruise gently, explore and eventually taste the famous Cognac! These are some nice cruises...
Wine and Gastronomy
- The Cognac cruise
Jarnac - Jarnac
- The Pineau
Cognac - Cognac
Sireuil - Sireuil
- The Charente
Jarnac - Rochefort and Cognac - Jarnac
- The chocolate adn
comic strip cruise
Cognac - Chateauneuf Sur Charente - Cognac
- Taste some delicious Cognac at the Chateau de Cognac or take the Cognac tour in Jarnac .
- Take a tour of the Trois-Palis chocolate factory and buy your desert for that evening.
- Read comic strips in the comic book museum and the go to the Saint Pierre cathedral in Angoulême . Spend the afternoon in canoe or kayak rented from the watersports base.
- Vist the maritime museum of Rochefort .
- Take the children to the Saint Savininen amusement park .
- Try visiting all that Saintes has to offer: the roman arch of Germanicus , the gallo-roman amphitheater , the gothic cathedral, the archeological museum, painting and ceramics museum... Good luck!
- Understand how a mill works in Fleurac .
- Fish in one of France cleanest and most beautiful rivers .
- Go to the Saint Savinien Food and Wine festiv al in August.
- Locks are easy to operate. There are no lock keepers. Moorings are plentiful on the Charente river.
- Closest airports are Bordeaux and Angouleme . Closest train stations areJ arnac , Angouleme and Chateauneuf sur Charente . We can help with train times and arrange taxi transfers for you to get to your boat.